Early Childhood Development Portal and E-magazine Consultant Terms of Reference
The importance of early childhood development is highlighted globally in the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as the United Nations Secretary-General announced at the summit meetings that early childhood development can lead the transformation, we hope for over the next fifteen years through the sustainable development goals.
Nationally, the importance of early childhood development in Jordan has emerged through the early childhood development strategy and the national plans for early childhood development and through the human resources development strategy 2015-2025, which devotes a detailed axis for early education and early childhood development and has identified a set of strategic goals and recommendations that lead to achieving early childhood development. Quoting from Objective No. 3: Accountability - to enhance accountability and coordination at all levels in the early education and childhood development system.
Jordan has also achieved significant progress in fulfilling its obligations towards children as guaranteed by the Convention on the Rights of the Child. And it succeeded in developing strategies and plans that affect children's lives and contribute to creating an environment convenient conducive to their development, well-being and social participation. Several non-governmental organizations played an active role in supporting and strengthening these efforts. In order to create a suitable environment for children, and to provide them with the necessary protection, that requires cooperation and coordination between policymakers and the provision of an information base for all participating parties, decision-makers and specialists in the field of childcare provision.
In 2018, NCFA established the National Early Childhood Development Team with the support of Plan International, where the need to unite efforts and strengthen communication between partners emerged through the formation of this group, which includes several entities and institutions that are directly involved with the children in early childhood. The diversity of programs and services it provides to them, to include all actors at the national level from all stakeholders from the public and private sectors, international organizations and United Nations organizations, with the aim of advocate for early childhood issues through networking and coordination among all early childhood actors in Jordan to ensure the unification, concerted efforts and integration. The team also works to monitor programs and activities implemented by institutions related to early childhood and study national priorities in the field of early childhood development and identify them and discuss the challenges and opportunities for improvement to provide the best services and follow up their implementation.
As a part of the ‘First Steps’ Big Step’ project in partnership between Plan International and NCFA. NCFA intends to work on:
· Designing and developing a national ECD portal by providing easy access to information and resources related to early childhood development policies and initiatives, help to promote collaboration and coordination among stakeholders and support the development of effective policies and programs that promote the well-being and healthy development of young children.
· Develop a programs and services database for all ECD partners.
· Develop an indicators database that includes around 500 indicators.
· Design and develop an electronic magazine for the National ECD team.
1. National ECD portal
2. National database for the ECD programs and services
3. National database for the ECD indicators
4. National electronic magazine for the national ECD team
Prepare an inception report, which reflects the full understanding of the required tasks as specified in the term of reference and explains the methodology and stages of work and the proposed operational plan, Including the timeframe for each output to achieve the desired objectives to accomplish the required tasks within this project.
· Develop and design a National ECD portal
A central hub for information and resources related to early childhood development policies and initiatives, the content of an early childhood portal should be designed to meet the needs of policy makers, parents, caregivers, and educators of young children as follow:
· A color scheme and design that is visually appealing and appropriate use for both images and graphics to enhance the content and make it more engaging.
· The portal is bilingual.
· Ensure that the portal is accessible to all users.
· Provide alternative text for images, use an easy reading font, and avoid using flashing animations.
· Test portal with the target audience and gather feedback to make improvements and ensure that it meets the needs of our users by reflecting audiences’ feedback.
· Include considerations such as ease of navigation, user-friendliness, responsiveness, and accessibility.
· Include shows a bunch of traffic-related stats, including: Total visits; Pages per visit; Average visit duration;
· chatbot built into the portal
· Develop a visual design for the portal that is appropriate for young children and consistent with NCFA and Plan International branding and messaging. include choosing colors, fonts, graphics, and imagery that appeal to children.
· Determine the technical requirements needed to support the portal, such as hosting, content management systems, e-commerce capabilities, and any other software or tools that will be required.
· Define the budget for designing, developing, and maintaining the portal, including any costs associated with content development, hosting, and ongoing updates and maintenance.
· Establish a timeline for designing, developing, launching, and maintaining the portal, including milestones and deadlines for key deliverables.
· Develop a plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the portal in achieving its goals, such as gathering user feedback, tracking engagement metrics, and conducting surveys or other forms of research.
Here are some examples of the types of content, the main tabs that could be included in the portal:
1. About a summary about the National ECD team,
2. Resources ( National policies and legislation: The portal could provide an overview of national policies and legislation related to early childhood development, including information on , funding, regulations, and quality standards, research, Best practices and guidelines: The portal could provide best practices and guidelines for early childhood development, including guidance on evidence-based interventions, program design and implementation, and program evaluation, Professional development resources: The portal could provide resources for professionals in the field of early childhood development, including training opportunities, certification programs, and continuing education resources, Information for parents and caregivers: The portal could provide information and resources for parents and caregivers, including guidance on how to support their children's early development and information on early childhood programs and services available in their area. Partners, the logo of all partners and link to their website.
3. Database (indicators database , programs and services database )
4. FAQ the frequent asked questions News and updates: The portal could provide news and updates on early childhood development policies and initiatives at the national and local levels.
5. Chat pot
· Develop a programs and services database for all ECD partners that will be filled regularly by the partners (data entry password for all partners to update the database, reports generator (data analysis) reference to the database inputs).
Develop a matrix that meets the needs of the national ECD team, including programs and services related to early childhood, for the purpose of coordination, networking and joint cooperation in projects of common interest between institutions. To include but not limited to:
· Type of institution and implementation partners
· Donor and budget
· The name, purpose and scope of the program according to the Nurturing care framework.
· Project activities, duration of implementation, target category by age, required licenses.
· Target areas
· Challenges and suggestion
Develop an indicators database that includes around 500 indicators divided into five axes (nutrition, protection, health, education, parenting) , it will be filled regularly by the partners (data entry password depends on the concerned partner ,the reports generator (data analysis) reference to the database inputs)
· Develop and design an electronic magazine:
Design and create an engaging electronic magazine that reaches NCFA target audience that includes:
1. Informational articles: Articles that provide information on specific topics related to the early childhood development.
2. News updates: Regular updates on news and events related to the early childhood development.
3. Videos: Educational and informative videos that help explain concepts or demonstrate techniques.
4. Multimedia content: Images, infographics, and other visual content that help explain or enhance the information presented on the portal.
5. Social media integration: Links to the portal's social media accounts and integration with social media content, such as posts or user-generated content.
The magazine will be issued in Arabic and will have a board of editors as a subcommittee from the national ECD team (media sub working group). It will be launched and disseminated by email
Project duration: 18 months starting as soon as possible
MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT REQUIREMENTS
Bidders shall provide a comprehensive warranty that covers all software components after the issuance of the final acceptance of the solution.
Bidders are required to provide a one-year free warranty and support.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING METHODOLOGY
· For the purpose of responding to this RFP the bidder must provide a high-level project plan. The plan must be comprehensive enough in scope and detail to convey the bidder’s ability to manage this project as specified in this RFP
· The bidder must indicate in the plan how the status and visibility of project progress will be monitored.
· Bidders must describe their approach to project management during the implementation and operational phases as well as managing and coordinating different phases.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT APPROACH AND METHODOLOGY
The Bidder must describe their approach for delivering the project and create a structured project plan containing all project lifecycle phases and all related knowledge areas processes including Communications Management, Scope Management, Quality Management, Risk Management, and Stakeholders and Resource Management.
PROJECT CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLAN
Bidders are required to describe the change management procedures to handle such things as “out-of-scope” requests or changing business needs of NCFA while the project is underway.
QUALITY ASSURANCE & ACCEPTANCE REQUIREMENTS
Bidders are required to develop and implement quality assurance processes and procedures to ensure that the portal development meets the quality standards that are relevant to each area in all project phases.
Bidders are required to perform the following tests (but not limited to) for acceptance:
Basic validation of developed components by developers.
Validation of developed components against functional requirements and design specifications.
Validation of both functional and technical requirements for the integrated solution. This could include external integration if required or it can be separated into testing phases.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Validation of the application and assurance that it meets both functional and technical requirements.
Stress and Performance Testing
Load testing enabling understanding of performance and behavior of under large number of users and high-load conditions.
· Bidders are expected to offer on-the-job training sessions for business and IT audience
· NCFA and Plan International IT focal points should be trained in all aspects from product installation to the necessary aspects of implementation & configuration as well as troubleshooting.
· Bidder requires to train content administrator to manage CMS from adding, deleting and modifying any type of content or web elements.
· Bidders are required to handle training activities and provide electronic and hard copies of all training materials used during the training
· Training Materials/User Manuals must be delivered in both Arabic & English languages
· Bidders are required to provide training programs targeted for the following user groups:
o Administrators Team
o IT technical Team
· The Bidder must provide sufficient staff that are qualified, assigned, monitored and supervised to deliver the required services to NCFA. The Bidder shall specify the experience and qualifications of the staff who will be working on the project. Providing actual names and CVs of the proposed staff is required. The average minimum experience of the team members should be 8 years (in the proposed domain/similar projects. (
· NCFA requires that a Project Manager be assigned to oversee the operation of the entire project. The Project Manager should have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing large scale projects involving the IT area subject of this RFP for accounts similar in scope and complexity to this project and must have demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills in English
COMPANY PROFILE AND EXPEREINCE REQUIREMENTS
The Bidder must fulfill these requirements to share in this bid. Un-fulfillment to any of the below may result to the rejection of the proposal:
· The Bidders should provide an overview of its organization (e.g., parent, age, size, number of customers, offices, number of employees), Include ownership structure and provide an overview of the Bidder’s organizational structure highlighting its footprint in the Middle East.
· The Bidders should provide a list of customer references specific to conducting similar projects, indicating the name, organization, and contact details, scope of work and contract volume.
· Participating Bidder must have at least 10 similar projects implemented successfully
· Bidders must submit their assumptions, constraints, and risks list if any
PROPOSAL STRUCTURE AND COMPONENETS
Proposals must be submitted in the English language on the requirements specified in this Request for Proposal (RFP). Bidders must provide all requisite information under this RFP and clearly and concisely respond to all points set out in this RFP. Any proposal which does not fully comprehensively address this RFP may be rejected.
Following submission of the proposals and final evaluation, NCFA will have the right to retain unsuccessful proposals. It is the bidder’s responsibility to identify any information of a confidential or proprietary nature contained in its proposal, so that may be handled accordingly.
The technical proposal and the financial proposal must be submitted separately. Technical proposals must not make reference to pricing data in order that the technical evaluation may be made strictly on the basis of technical merit.
To ease review and evaluation, it is essential that Proposals are presented with the following information in the following sequence.
1. Executive Summary
The bidder must explain his understanding of the existing problem and his proposed solution to mitigate this problem.
2. Solution Overview
The bidder must provide an overview of the proposed solution highlighting the different components and features offered.
3. Proposed Solution
Bidders must provide the solution’s functional requirements and features. In addition, Bidders shall provide nonfunctional requirements and features.
4. System Infrastructure
As part of the project the bidder must propose the recommended hardware requirements as well as the recommended software licenses requirements that are carrying out various aspects of the project.
5. Post Delivery Services
The bidder must provide the training and knowledge transfer plan, as well as the warranty period. The bidder must also provide its SLA for support, whereas NCFA can later choose to have a separate support contract with the bidder.
6. Scope of Work
Bidders must provide a statement of understanding of the overall scope of the project and an overall description of the Bidder’s role and responsibilities. Bidders shall take note that the Scope of Work, once agreed with NCFA, shall form part of the Agreement
7. Compliance Matrix
The Bidder should include the requirements section in their response as a compliance matrix and answer “Yes/No” to each requirement included within the RFP. Any clarifications, assumptions or alternative approaches to meeting the system requirements should be noted in the comments column of the table as below:
8. Project Implementation
Bidders must provide high-level Project Plan, his methodology and approach for project management during the implementation and operational phases as well as managing and coordinating different phases, and the proposed quality assurance and acceptance approach.
9. Company staff
The bidder shall submit organization structure for the proposed project team clearly specifying the duties and responsibilities of all the staff assigned to the project. The bidder shall submit sample resumes of the staff to be employed which include details such as previous experience and similar projects, assigned roles, and qualifications skills.
It is strongly expected that the proposed team will be deployed to carry out the project. The selected bidder is expected to inform NCFA in writing of any changes to the proposed team, prior to the change taking effect. Changes to the proposed team should be replaced by a similar kind of profile. The change can only affect once NCFA has accepted the proposed change in writing.
10. Company Profile and Experience
The Bidder should provide the company profile including:
o A background summary of the organization, outlining areas of expertise in web design and development.
o Current list of clients and any direct experience in website design and development, Bidder’s proposal would be strengthened by the inclusion of samples of relevant experience developed by the Bidder
o The bidder shall submit description of at least 10 references projects implemented successfully by the bidder in Jordan or other countries including contact information for each reference.
Bidder shall provide any write-up and documentation that would be useful to this project.
The bidder shall provide a separate financial proposal that includes total development cost in addition to another necessary breakdown if needed. Total cost shall be expressed as a single, all-inclusive lump sum amount, expressed in Jordanian Dinner inclusive of all taxes, deductions, and expenses of any kind.
A review and evaluation of submitted proposals will be the sole basis for the selection of the Bidder judged to be the best qualified to act as the Bidder. The Proposals will be assessed against the following criteria:
· Bidder Profile including the following:
o Relevance of prior and related experience in Jordan and/or other countries.
o Quality and experience of staff
o Years of Experience
o Number of employees with relevant experience
o Meet the requirements in the RFP
· project Methodology and approach:
· Project plan.
· Cost: NCFA will select the Successful Bidder and is not necessarily bound to accept the lowest priced, or any, proposal
· Other added values
The total evaluation percentage for the Technical Proposal will be 70% from the overall evaluation score of the proposal.
The total evaluation percentage for the Financial Proposal will be 30% from the overall evaluation score of the proposal.
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals, with technical evaluation of the proposal being completed prior to any evaluation of the Financial Proposal.
The technical evaluation of proposals will be accomplished by a selection panel. The selection panel will evaluate all proposals which have passed the preliminary examination of proposals according to:
· Company profile and experience in carrying out related projects (20 points)
o Company profile (5 point):
(Parent, age, size, organizational structure, number of customers, offices)
o List of relevant projects (15 points):
For each relevant project, the bidder should provide the information in the format of the following table:
Role of bidder
Duration of the project
Reference (contact person)
· The qualifications and competence of the personnel proposed for the assignment (20 Points)
The Bidder must provide sufficient staff that is qualified and assigned to deliver the project; the information should be in the format of the following table:
Role in project
Experience of similar projects
CV Attached (yes/no)
· Compliance to the requirements (10 Points);
· The appropriateness of the proposed approach & methodology (20 Points);
· The quality of the proposed technical solution & understanding the requirements (20 Points);
· The management strategy/plan detailed in the document (5 Points);
· The proposed timeframe for the project (5 Points);
The obtainable number of points specified for each evaluation criterion indicates the relative significance or weight of the item in the overall evaluation process. The points allocated to the technical proposal correspond to 70% of the total obtainable points.
The financial proposal will only be evaluated if the technical proposal achieves a minimum of 60% of the total allocable points for the technical evaluation. Proposals failing to obtain this minimum threshold will not be eligible for further consideration.
The maximum number of points for the price component is 30% of the total obtainable points.
This maximum number of points will be allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion according to the following formula:
Points for the price component of a proposal being evaluated = ([Maximum number of points for the price component] x [Lowest price]) / [Price of proposal being evaluated].
At the discretion of NCFA, the NCFA tender committee has the right to invite bidders to supply additional information on the contents of their proposal during the evaluation period. Such bidders could be asked to give a presentation of their proposal (possibly with an emphasis on a topic of NCFA's choice) followed by a question-and-answer session. If NCFA determines that there is such a need, the presentation will be held at NCFA Headquarters in Amman.
Bidders shall know that presentations change the overall technical evaluation. And 20 points will affect the overall technical evaluation.
1. تقديم عروض الأسعار في مغلفات مغلقة.
2. الالتزام بتقديم عرض فني ومالي منفصلين كل مغلف على حدى، مع اضافة اسم العطاء.
3. أن تكون مدة العرض سارية لمدة لا تقل عن(30) يوم من تاريخ تسليم العرض ويجدد تلقائياً في حال عدم إشعارنا بعدم التجديد قبل أسبوع من انتهائه.
4. أن يتم تسليم كافة العروض لمقر المجلس – شارع المدينة المنورة بناية رقم (70) بجانب صيدلية روحي في موعد أقصاه يوم الاحد 18/6/2023 .
5. إن المجلس الوطني لشؤون الأسرة يخضع لقانون رسوم طوابع الواردات.
6. من شروط التقديم الالتزام بتقديم كفالة بنكية او شيك مصدق بنسبة (10%) من قيمة العرض المقدم
بمغلف مغلق مع العرض المالي في حال زاد قيمة العرض عن (20000) فقط عشرون الف دينار.
7. ان تكون الاسعار معفاه من الضريبة العامة على المبيعات ليتم تزويدكم بكتاب الاعفاء عند الاحالة .
من شروط الاحالة :
1. من شروط الاحالة الالتزام بتقديم كفالة حسن تنفيذ او شيك مصدق بنسبة (5%) من قيمة الاحالة التي تزيد عن (5000) فقط خمسة الاف دينار لضمان حسن التنفيذخلال اسبوع من تاريخ الاحالة .
للاستفسار الاتصال مع السيدة تمارا الزعبي على هاتف 5544667-06 فرعي 126-107-